[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: AW: [iaik-ssl]cu|| Broken Applet support (iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties)



OK, Thanks. I will fiddle around some more with the libs. Do you have
an example of a SecurityProvider.properties file?. I realize I'm out
of my depths here.

Cheers
/Jocke

jce wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> 
>>1. This construct hangs for me:
>>
>>   SSLClientContext context = new SSLClientContext();
>>
>>  The browser tries to fetch
> 
> /iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties.
> 
>>   This file is not in the iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar file. I'm clueless.
> 
> 
> iSaSiLk allows to set the SecurityProvider to be used by means of an
> property
> file. If the property file is not present it is ignored, an indefinite
> hanging
> should never occur. However, putting the attached property file into your
> jar file should solve your problem.
> 
> 
>>2. The combined iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is not available on the download
>>   page.
> 
> Yes, it only was available with former versions; you may build it yourself
> from the required IAIK-JCE and iSaSiLk classes.
> 
> 
>>3. iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is so darn big! The light version is not an
>>   alternative because the server's public key has to be built into an
>>   Applet using the light versions of the libraries.
> 
> 
> You may use our JarStripper utility to determine and remove any classes
> not required for your applet.
> (http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/20_applications/tools/index.php).
> 
> However, please note that we shortly have released new Micro Editions
> of IAIK-JCE and iSaSiLk that may be the right choice for applets because
> of their small size (the server public key handling used by iSaSiLkLight
> is no longer required):
> http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/10_ME-jce/index.php
> http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/11_ME-iSaSiLk/index.php
> 
> Regards,
> Dieter
> 
> -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
> Von: iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.at [mailto:iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.at]Im Auftrag
> von Joakim G.
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. November 2002 18:28
> An: iaik-ssl@iaik.at
> Betreff: [iaik-ssl]cu|| Broken Applet support
> (iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties)
> 
> 
> I am evaluating the IAIK Applet SSL support and I have a few questions:
> 
> 1. This construct hangs for me:
> 
>     SSLClientContext context = new SSLClientContext();
> 
>     The browser tries to fetch
> /iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties.
>     This file is not in the iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar file. I'm clueless.
> 
> 2. The combined iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is not available on the download
>     page.
> 
> 3. iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is so darn big! The light version is not an
>     alternative because the server's public key has to be built into an
>     Applet using the light versions of the libraries.
> 
> 
> Btw. My Applet is signed.
> 
> Thanks
> /Jocke
> --
> Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
> 
> --
> Mailinglist-archive at
> http://jcewww.iaik.at/mailarchive/iaik-ssl/sslthreads.html
> 
> To unsubscribe send an email to listserv@iaik.at with the folowing content:
> UNSUBSCRIBE iaik-ssl
> 


-- 
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

--
Mailinglist-archive at http://jcewww.iaik.at/mailarchive/iaik-ssl/sslthreads.html

To unsubscribe send an email to listserv@iaik.at with the folowing content: UNSUBSCRIBE iaik-ssl