AW: [iaik-ssl]cu|| Received alert message: Alert Fatal: illegal parameter

Hello,

>From the handshake output we see that the server does not talk TLS. So you
may try if it would help to enforce to use SSL3 right from the beginning
(see
http://jcewww.iaik.at/products/isasilk/documentation/interoperability/index.
php):

context.setAllowedProtocolVersions(SSLContext.VERSION_SSL30,
SSLContext.VERSION_SSL30);

We also see that the server reports an error somewhere during receipt of the
client certificate/change cipher spec/finsihed messages. Perhaps you try to
perform a handshake without client authentication to see if the problem
occurs
due to the certificate messages.

Regards,
Dieter

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.at [mailto:iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.at]Im Auftrag
von raj r
Gesendet: Montag, 30. September 2002 21:49
An: iaik-ssl@iaik.at
Betreff: [iaik-ssl]cu|| Received alert message: Alert Fatal: illegal
parameter

Hi All,

I get this error when trying to contact a 3rd party Corba server using
Jacorb & IAIK (Unfortunately we can't get any help from them)

Received alert message: Alert Fatal: illegal parameter

Did anyone encountered this before? If so can you please let me know what I
am doing wrong.

ssl_debug(1): Starting handshake (iSaSiLk 3.05 Evaluation Version)...
ssl_debug(1): Sending v3 client_hello message, requesting version 3.1...
ssl_debug(1): Received v3 server_hello handshake message.
ssl_debug(1): Server selected SSL version 3.0.
ssl_debug(1): Server created new session 00:00:00:02:00:00:00:08...
ssl_debug(1): CipherSuite selected by server: SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
ssl_debug(1): CompressionMethod selected by server: NULL
ssl_debug(1): Received certificate handshake message with server
certificate.
ssl_debug(1): Server sent a 1024 bit RSA certificate, chain has 2 elements.
ssl_debug(1): ChainVerifier: Found a trusted certificate, returning true
ssl_debug(1): Received certificate_request handshake message.
ssl_debug(1): Accepted certificate types: RSA, DSA
ssl_debug(1): Accepted certificate authorities:
ssl_debug(1):   OU=Secure Server Certification Authority,O=RSA Data
Security, Inc.,C=US
ssl_debug(1): Received server_hello_done handshake message.
ssl_debug(1): Sending certificate handshake message with RSA client
certificate...
ssl_debug(1): Sending client_key_exchange handshake message (1024 bit)...
ssl_debug(1): Sending certificate_verify handshake message...
ssl_debug(1): Sending change_cipher_spec message...
ssl_debug(1): Sending finished message...
ssl_debug(1): Received alert message: Alert Fatal: illegal parameter
ssl_debug(1): SSLException while handshaking: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal:
illegal parameter
ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...

Thanks,
Raj.