AW: [iaik-ssl]cu|| SSL Cipher Suites

Hello,

> 1) The SSL debug message still shows version 3.03.
>
>    ssl_debug(1): Starting handshake (iSaSiLk 3.03 Evaluation Version)...
Yes, true. It will be fixed for 3.05 coming this week. Thank You.

> 2) The default cipher suites do not include the suites using the new AES
>     algorithm. I use the default settings for SSLContexts.
Yes, true again. We have not added the AES suites to the default siutes
since
they are yet not widely used in praxis. Theay are classified as IMPLEMENTED
cipher suites.

> To me it seems that iSaSiLk 3.04 selects available cipher suites only
> based on implementation, but not the crypto strength policies set by
> Sun's JCE.
Yes, isAvailable() does not check for key size limitations. This would cause
some processing overhead which may not be required in most cases were
unlimited strength is allowed.
In countries where a key size limitation exists one should be aware of it
and may go in the reverse direction by already explicitly limiting the set
of cipher suites to may be used (which also may be the more appropiate
way when being limited by RSA key sizes which otherwise only can be
checked actually during handshake).

> if a client fails to getInstance
> for the top suite, can the client automatically tries other suites
> available to both client and server?
No, that is not done automatically. You may do it from your application
if you like. However, it might not be obvious in any case that the
handshake failed because of no common cipher suite. So walking through
the cipher suites may bring no result in these cases.

Regards,
Dieter