Von: iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Brett Walker
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2001 08:56
An: iaik-ssl@iaik.at
Betreff: [iaik-ssl] help iaik-ssl Problem with iaik ssl library

help iaik-ssl

Hello All,
I checked out the recent posts in the mailing list archives but didn't see
anything that moved me forward on my problem.

I'm setting up a conntection to a payment gateway. Everything works fine
for the first dozen transactions then I get this error:

iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: illegal
parameter
         at iaik.security.ssl.r.f(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.x.b(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.r.d(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
         at iaik.security.ssl.SSLSocket.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.f.markUsed(Unknown Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpBasicServer.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpBasicServer.runRequest(Unknown
Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager.runRequest(Unknown Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
         at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.a(Unknown Source)
         at
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
         at
au.com.theweather.ecommerce.PaymentGateway.performTransaction(PaymentGateway
.java:220)
         at account.processOrder_12._jspService(processOrder_12.java:200)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
         at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp13Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I talked to the people who look after the gateway and they reported that
the gateway end was reporting my client was saying it had no ciphers
available. I then added the following line to my code:

     context.setEnabledCipherSuiteList(new
CipherSuiteList(CipherSuiteList.L_DEFAULT));

However the error still occurs.

I based my code on the example in the demo code and use the following lines
to get the connection

     URL url = new URL(null,paymentGatewayURL,new
iaik.protocol.https.Handler());
     HttpsURLConnection paymentGatewayConnection =
(HttpsURLConnection)url.openConnection();
     // setup SSL-configuration
     SSLContext context = new SSLClientContext();
     context.setEnabledCipherSuiteList(new
CipherSuiteList(CipherSuiteList.L_DEFAULT));
     paymentGatewayConnection.setSSLContext(context);
     paymentGatewayConnection.setRequestMethod("POST");
     paymentGatewayConnection.setDoInput(true);
     paymentGatewayConnection.setDoOutput(true);

Any help or tips gratefully received
Cheers
Brett