Re: [iaik-ssl] SSLServer still there but do nothing

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Changski Zhang wrote:

> Hi, support,
>
> OS: WindowsNT 4.0
> Env: Orbacus4.0.5 with BiDirection +FreeSSL2.0.1+IAIK-JCE2.61c+ iSaSiLk3.03.
>
> Thread models: threaded + thread_per_request.
> Problem:
> 	After our server has run for about 2 to 4 hours, it refuses to
> accept any new connection requests from the client side as if the SSL layer
> is dead, we're saying this because we used to see ORBacus and FreeSSL debug
> messages until that moment, and FSSL debug message stoped here:
>
> ssl_debug(n): Starting handshake (iSaSiLk 3.03)...
> ssl_debug(n): Sending v3 client_hello message, requesting version 3.1...
>
> It seems that the SSLServerSocket who is doing the "accept" job is locked.
> We estimate 20 clients are connected to the server when the failures are
> happening.
> Ever heard about such a problem?

> Question:
> 1. Does FreeSSL2.0.1 support ORBacus4.0.5?

That I don't know. Have you tried Adiron's ORBAsec SL3? It has SSL and
gives you a proper credentials model. And you can "quote" others, which
gives you a delegation capability. (We only have Java, but I'm assuming
that your using java if your mailing to IAIK.).

> 2.  Is it possible that too many threads are alive and a leak is
> happening so that the SSL layer won't accept any connections?

This very well might be the case. In fact, any thing of this nature is
possible with NT. Have you tried your servers on another platform, such as
Linux, or Solaris? What version of the JDK are you using? Or are you using
some special JVM?

Cheers,
-Polar