AW: [iaik-ssl] speed issue with starthandshakre

Hello,

long set up times are due to random number generator initialization which make take some time depending on the platform used (2 hours (no timeout?), however, seems to be incredible long).
However, please see our FAQ (http://jcewww.iaik.at/products/isasilk/faq/index.php#Performance%20Question%20%5BFeb%2099%5D) (Performance Questions) for some suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Von: iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Jack Murphy
Gesendet: Samstag, 21. Juli 2001 20:16
An: iaik-ssl@iaik.at
Betreff: [iaik-ssl] speed issue with starthandshakre

Hi,

I use IAIK SSL for ssl in my corba application. When my application uses
java, a connection setup takes up to a minute if both the machines are on
the same lan and up to 2 hours if the machines are on a WAN. I noticed that
most of the time is spent in the method sslsocket.startHandShake().

thanks in anticipation