Re: [iaik-ssl] newbie question on SSL + applet

Hi Stef,

        I think u got me wrong...

        What I said was that if u r using URLConnection objects for SSL
communication, then the browser's plugin takes care of that (the
URL.openConnection() wil return a HttpsURLConnection object of the
PlugIn if
the URL is a https one). With this u can use the GET and POST methods
only.

        But if u want to use more than GET and POST methods then u need
have a SSL implementation like iSaSiLk which supports much more than GET
and
POST methods (Plus, IAIK has an applet edition which is around only
40K).

        Pls refer to Sun's document of Plugin support to Https at
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/https.html for a more clear
perspective on how restricted it  is using the plugins Https support by
just
specifying the "http" in the URL object.

        Hope this clears it....(correct me if I m wrong too) ! :-)

Cheers,
Yogesh