[iaik-ssl] Plain-text header before entering SSL?

Hi,

I need to send a header string in plain text to the remote host, say

  "Request for SSL transaction follows.\n",

before entering the SSL connection so the server code can handle
either SSL or plain-text transactions on demand. In other
words, is there an alternative or hack other than the plain:

  SSLConnection s = new SSLConnection(serverName, serverPort, context);

that allows to send the "Request for ..." string over the
socket before the SSL connection is established?

Thanks,

-jc

* It has to be done with iSaSiLk light. (I have ordered one :-)