Von: "Jichang Tan" <jctan@computer.org>
An: <iaik-ssl@iaik.at>
Cc: <jctan@acm.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2000 12:09
Betreff: [iaik-ssl] Plain-text header before entering SSL?

> Hi,
>
> I need to send a header string in plain text to the remote host, say
>
>   "Request for SSL transaction follows.\n",
>
> before entering the SSL connection so the server code can handle
> either SSL or plain-text transactions on demand. In other
> words, is there an alternative or hack other than the plain:
>
>   SSLConnection s = new SSLConnection(serverName, serverPort, context);
>
> that allows to send the "Request for ..." string over the
> socket before the SSL connection is established?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -jc
>
> * It has to be done with iSaSiLk light. (I have ordered one :-)

* IAIK S/MIME Mapper Security Info                                        *
* ===================================                                     *
* for message:                                                            *
*   From: "Andreas Sterbenz" <Andreas.Sterbenz@iaik.at>                   *
*   Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:56:24 +0200                                 *
*   Subject: Re: [iaik-ssl] Plain-text header before entering SSL?        *
* Message S/MIME properties:                                              *
*   Encrypted using:    not encrypted                                     *
*   Digitally signed:   yes                                               *
*   Signature valid:    yes                                               *
*   Signature trusted:  yes                                               *
* Compliance with policy for email addresses *@iaik.at:                   *
*   Encryption:         OK (None or better required)                      *
*   Digital Signature:  OK (digital signature required)                   *