Re: [iaik-ssl] Hw to do client authentication only?

Hi Gerald,

This is the biggest problem we have with SSL being a security protocol.
The client cannot be forced to authenticate.

You should see the hoops we have to go through for CORBA security (CSIv2)
because of SSL. SSL is chosen because people thought that CORBA SECIOP was
too complicated.

The biggest problem we have is that SSL doesn't follow the GSS-API, and it
doesn't force client authentication. Also, it's so limited that you cannot
stick privileges in it.

It's a broken bicycle that shouldn't be allowed to be on the road. But
apparently it's a pretty color and everybody likes it. And of course,
there is nothing else mainstream. We'll ride it with flat tires if we have
to.

Good luck,
-Polar