[iaik-jce] Using iaik.x509.X509Certificate

I'm trying to use your X509Certificate class in an applet to verify if a
certain
buffer is actually a correct X509 certificate. I simply use:
iaik.x509.X509Certificate cert = new iaik.x509.X509Certificate( CertBuf );
where CertBuf is a byte array, and this the first call to the iaik package
in
the applet.

What I get is a:
"java.security.cert.CertificateException: PublicKey algorithm not
implemented:
rsaEncryption"
I think I have to use some class from iaik.security.provider, but I can't
understand how. Maybe it's because I'm quite new in JCA or JCE.
Have you got any example and/or suggestion and/or pointer to the
documentation
telling what's the correct way?

Thanks
    Mauro