AW: [iaik-jce] Use of a generated PrivateKey on a SSL-Server

Hello,

do you have wrapped the private key into a PKCS#8 (Encrypted)PrivateKeyInfo
before doing Util.toPemString?

Von: iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Sven Noack
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Oktober 2000 16:46
An: iaik-jce@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
Betreff: [iaik-jce] Use of a generated PrivateKey on a SSL-Server

Hello!

We want to provide a self-generated CA-Certificate (we want to use it for
SMIME en- and decryption) on a own SSL-webserver (Apache with mod-ssl). To
provide the certificate the certificate an the private key must be present
in PEM-encdoded respectively Base64 encoded format.

I use the methods iaik.utils.Util.toPemString(Certificate cert) and the
iaik.utils.Util.toPemString(PrivateKey privateKey) to encode the
certificate and the private key. After that I save the both encoded strings
in a file.

The certificate is apparently all right. I have test it with openssl. But
the private key seems to be corrupt. The test give me an error back and the
Apache-SSL-Server doesn't start (he stopped with the message: Private Key
not found).

If I have something to heed if I want to encode the Private Key in the PEM
format?
Have someone any other idea?

Regards

Sven Noack

"Mach es zu gross und hau so lange drauf, bis es passt!"
(Murphy´s Grundlegende Konstruktionslehre)

Multimedia Software GmbH Dresden
Azubi, IT-Fachinformatiker
Riesaer Str. 4, 01129 Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 8505  App. : 813
mailto:sven.noack@telekom.de

* IAIK S/MIME Mapper Security Info                                        *
* ===================================                                     *
* for message:                                                            *
*   From: "Dieter Bratko" <Dieter.Bratko@iaik.at>                         *
*   Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:34:50 +0200                                 *
* Message S/MIME properties:                                              *
*   Encrypted using:    not encrypted                                     *
*   Digitally signed:   yes                                               *
*   Signature valid:    yes                                               *
*   Signature trusted:  yes                                               *
* Compliance with policy for email addresses *@iaik.at:                   *
*   Encryption:         OK (None or better required)                      *
*   Digital Signature:  OK (digital signature required)                   *