[iaik-jce] Signatur

Hi,

I have a question how a signature is created.
As far as I know is a signature a hash encrypted with a private key.=20
The hash is packed in a DigestInfo before the encryption with the =
private
key.
Is this correct and is this alwasy true for all signatures? Why is the
DigestInfo Class then only in the package pkcs7?
What is the difference between a pkcs7 signature and a shaRsaSignature, =
can
anyone give an example.

Why all this questions :-)
I have a hash and want to create a signature. But I don=B4t wont to =
recompute
the hash ( which  is done implicitly ). So I have to know how I must =
encrypt
the hash. ( once in a pkcs7 signature and for  plain data in another =
case )

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang Schneider