[iaik-jce] PKCS7 SignedData empty encryptedDigest

Hello IAIK,

I am evaluating your library, and so far I really like it alot compared
to other Java crypto libs that have PKCS support.

My question:

When I follow your documention for creating an PKCS7 SignedData object
(Implicit), the encryptedDigest property is always empty.  I have been
doing the following:
1.  Create the SignedData object
2.  Set the signer's certificate on the SignedData object
3. Create a SignerInfo object
4. Add the SignerInfo object to the SignedData object
5.  Check encryptedDigest property and it is empty (UNEXPECTED:  why is
it empty?)

As a "work around", I have been doing this (which results in a populated

encryptedDigest property):
1. Create the SignedData object
2. Set the signer's certificate on the SignedData object
3. Explicity create a Signature object (init, update,sign)
4. Set the Signature to the SignerInfo object
5. Add the SignerInfo object to the SignedData object.
6. Check the encryptedDigest property and it is populated (AS EXPECTED).

I am using the JCE Applet Edition and JDK 1.1.8.  Any help you can offer

would be appreciated.

Thanks alot,
Mike