[iaik-jce] importing PKCS12 objects into Outlook Express

Hi,
I'm trying to create my own certificate and use it to sign email messages with outlook express.
I had no problem in creating a pkcs12 object and importing it to outlook express. But Outlook Express stores my certificate in Trusted Root Certificates folder by default. If I try to specify the "personal" folder, a "import successfully" message appears, but the certificate is not there.
Is there something special that I must do with the certificate in order to be able to use it with Outlook Express?

Cheers,
Catalin