AW: [iaik-jce] Netscape Applet security exception with adding a provider.

We cannot say why it throws an exception and some code does not, but you
can avoid this by using addAsProvider(false). Properties are not accessed
in that case.

Von: iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Speccy
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Juli 2000 07:49
An: iaik-jce@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
Betreff: [iaik-jce] Netscape Applet security exception with adding a
provider.

Hiya list,

            I am running Netscape 4.72 under Linux Redhat with
iaik_jce_ae.jar.  When I run this code:

import iaik.security.provider.IAIK;

public class test extends Applet{

                        public void init(){

                                        IAIK.addAsProvider(true);

                        }

}

I get a

adding Provider IAIK...
netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checkpropsaccess
etc....

This code runs fine under appletviewer.

heeelllppp

Jason