[iaik-jce] pkcs#12 decryption failing

 so.....
I was looking through the archives , and saw benoit's post:
(otjacque@crpcu.lu)
>I must read this file and extract the private key and the certificate from
it.

>I managed to read part of the file. It contains 2 Authenticatedsafe.

>Authenticatedsafe Nr 0 is unencrypted. It contains 1 SafeBag, type
>PKCS8ShroudedKeyBag. I suppose it is the private key.
>It is encrypted with PbeWithSHAAnd3-KeyTripleDES-CBC algorithm.

>I know the password associated with the private key.

>Authenticatedsafe Nr 1 is encrypted with PbeWithSHAAnd40BitRC2-CBC.
>So I can't read its content. Nevertheless I suppose it is the
>certificate.

>How can I extract the PrivateKey and the Certificate in order to be able to
>encrypt, decrypt and sign mails with them?

-------------------------------
 I have almost the same exact problem (and a solution wasn't posted...so
here I am asking the question again).

I generated a p12 file from the openssl command tool (openssl.org) that
works with Internet Explorer, but when I run the following code:

 public static void main(String[] argv)
    {

	FileInputStream fis= null;

	try
	    {
		fis = new FileInputStream("user4.p12");
		System.out.println("made fileinputstream");

		PKCS12 greatstuff = new PKCS12(fis);
		System.out.println("pkcs12 object created: "+
greatstuff.toString());

		System.out.println("about to decode the file....");

		char[] password = "password".toCharArray();

		greatstuff.decrypt(password);
		System.out.println("just decoded it....: "+
greatstuff.toString());
-----it faults on the the decrypt line.  this is the output that I get:

C:\cvs\new-stuff\vote\src>java signTest
made fileinputstream
pkcs12 object created: PKCS#12 object:
Version: 3
AuthenticatedSafe: 0
mode: PASSWORD_ENCRYPTED
Content encrypted with: PbeWithSHAAnd40BitRC2-CBC
No SafeBags or not decrypted yet.

AuthenticatedSafe: 1
mode: UNENCRYPTED

SafeBag: 0
PKCS8ShroudedKeyBag: not decrypted yet!

about to decode the file....
an exception was thrown
iaik.pkcs.PKCSException: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException:
AlgorithmParame
ters not available
        at iaik.pkcs.pkcs12.AuthenticatedSafe.decrypt(Unknown Source)
        at iaik.pkcs.pkcs12.PKCS12.decrypt(Unknown Source)
        at signTest.main(signTest.java:28)