[iaik-jce] adding IAIK provider to applet

Hi,

I am using IAIK2.51 Applet edition and I am trying to add the IAIK
provider to my applet.  I compile with just jre.jar  and the
iaik_jce_full_ae.jar in my classpath, and I put my applet class file
into that jar file and specify that jar file with the ARCHIVE parameter
in the APPLET tag for Netscape.  It is not working successfully.

The code suggested in an earlier email,

     iaik.java.security.Provider.addProvider(
                   new iaik.security.provider.IAIK());

yields a compiler error:
Method addProvider(iaik.security.provider.IAIK) not found in class
iaik.java.security.Provider

The code suggested by another newsgroup member,
      iaik.java.security.Security.addProvider(
                   new iaik.security.provider.IAIK());

does compile, but at runtime I get the following exception:
Error adding IAIK provider: netscape.security.AppletSecurityException:
security.security operation: putProviderProperty.IAIK

netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.security operation:
putProviderProperty.IAIK

  at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.security.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.security.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.security.AppletSecurity.checkSecurityAccess(Compiled Code)

  at java.security.Provider.check(Compiled Code)
  at java.security.Provider.put(Compiled Code)
* at iaik.security.provider.IAIK.<init>(Compiled Code)
  at myApplet.init(Compiled Code)

A similar question was raised in an email to this newsgroup from Rosely
Kumoi on Aug 23 '00 and I did not see a response from the IAIK team.
What is the proper syntax to add the provider to the applet?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Grenadir