[iaik-jce] Strange Exception

Hi,

I use the RSA cipher to encrypt and decrypt symmetric session keys. The
session keys
are generated by random.This normally works just fine, but sometimes I get
an exception
as shown below while decrypting data with the RSACipher class and some
private key.

javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Invalid PKCS#1 padding: no leading zero!
        at iaik.pkcs.pkcs1.RSACipher.c(Unknown Source)
        at iaik.pkcs.pkcs1.RSACipher.engineDoFinal(Unknown Source)
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(Unknown Source)

As mentioned this occurs only sometimes. Nomally it works without any
exception at all. It looks to me like some timing problem inside the
RSACipher class.
It is very hard to reproduce, since it occurs differently often on different
maschines in our
network. On some maschines it can't be reproduced at all.
Is this a known problem with some possible workaround? Any help is very much
appreciated.

A. Gottschol

Andreas Gottschol - STZ Softwaretechnik

DaimlerChrysler AG
Abt. Information and Technology Management SP&D/B
HPC 0813
D-70546 Stuttgart / Germany
Tel.: +49-711-17-49579
email: andreas.a.gottschol@daimlerchrysler.com