[iaik-jce] getTBSCertificate

I have a need to get the TBSCertificate and TBSCertList structures from
X509Certificate and X509CRL, respectively, before signing them.
Currently these methods (getTBSCertificate and getTBSCertList) only work
after the Certificate or CRL has been signed.

If getTBSCertificate() is called before sign() has been called I get:
java.security.cert.CertificateEncodingException:
iaik.asn1.CodingException: Cannot parse data from a null object!

The error for X509CRL is nearly identical.

Is there any chance this can and will be fixed?

Thanks,
Keith