From: Peter Lipp <Peter.Lipp@iaik.at>
<iaik-jce@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 5:37 PM
Subject: AW: [iaik-jce] SMIME time problem !!!!

> I'm actually using the IAIK_SMIME lib in order to make a SMTP/POP3 proxy
> that cypher & uncypher mails
> between a Mail client (such as Netscape or Outlook) & a Mail server
> (such as Exchange, PostOffice or Netscape Mail Server) !
For speed comparison, you might try our SMime-Mapper (which does <exactly>
what you are planning to do!).

> Are IAIK & JavaMail libs able to process mail message through streams ?
> (bloc/bloc) !
The constructors of our S/Mime classes take streams in their constructors.
If you use memory for creation of the messages memory does grow dramatically
and speed is an issue. We have realized that and therefore the stream
implementation is available.

Peter
Dr. Peter Lipp
IAIK, TU Graz