Re: [iaik-jce] IAIK, Cryptix, JCE1.2

This observation is actually very well put.

The problem is that the way you refer to an algorithm, is by no means
standardized by the JCE,
and offcourse cannot be (at least not totally) as new algorithms pops up
every now and then.

I think that if you need to plug in different providers you have to make
your own configurable provider
for translating the algorithm names and parameters used by the
application to the ones used by the specific installed provider.

-- Søren

Dieter Bratko wrote:

> This seems to be a question for the Cryptix provider. How does it handle an
> ECB mode specification for the RC4 stream cipher?
>
> Dieter Bratko

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
Systems Development			Phone:  +45 86 78 21 00
IT+ A/S                                	Fax:    +45 86 78 21 02
Brendstrupgårdsvej 7	                Direct: +45 86 78 21 42 - 14
8200 Århus N                            Email:  sh@itplus.dk
Denmark                                 WWW:    http://www.itplus.dk