Re: [iaik-jce] using JCE library with Netscape (newbie question)

Conturbia Riccardo wrote:

> I'm sorry to bother you with such silly questions, but I'm trying to use
> my applet with Netscape...
>
> On the appletviewer everything works fine, then I've compressed my class
> files in a jar file (signed) and Netscape can't see the files from your
> libraries. How can I do? Should I extract the needed class files from
> your libraries and include them in my jar file? (but what files are
> needed?)
>
> I'm trying to tell to the browser where to find the library class files
> in this way:
>
> <title>Prova</title>
> <hr>
> <applet code="CryptingApplet9.class"
> ARCHIVE="CryptingApplet.jar,iaik_jce_full_ae.jar,iaik_ssl_ae.jar"
> width=400 height=700> </applet>
> <hr>
>
> but it doesn't work...
>
> every jar file is in the html file directory.
>
> Please help me....
>
> Riccardo Conturbia

Hi Riccardo, you can do the following:
Unjar the iaik_* in the codebase of your applet.
Open the Netscape browser Java Console and press 'l' key (classfile
capture).
Run your applet (it will load the iaik_* classes as they are needed).
In your local disk, look for a directory named "http://<host...., etc)"
and
you'll find the classes to put in the jarfile with your applet classes.

success.

--
Para el Sabio no existe la riqueza, para el Virtuoso no existe el Poder,
y para el Poderoso no existen el Sabio ni el Virtuoso.