AW: [iaik-jce] Some small problems with your distribution

> So the problem is either that Netscape (I tied both V3 and V4.5),
> when downloading them using the "save link as" convert LF to CR/LF
> (I would be surprised if this is really the case, I have not seen
> this before, but I have not yet downloaded jar files before either),
> or else someone at your site has ftp'ed these files in ASCII mode.
> Could you please verify this problem and fit it if possible?
Thanks for pointing that out. We had installed a new webserver and there was
a configuration issue there.

> Of course, we can all write our own implementation of
> a keytool utility, but this if not a very efficient use
> of our (precious) time.
We have one in preparation here, which is going to be announced this week.

> On the other hand, I can imagine why you don't like to make the sources
> to your code public.
If a customer buys an unlimited licenses, the sourcecode is included for
inspection purposes. So there are at least some customers who know the
sourcecode.

> One possible solution would be to sign the jar
> files you distribute, and include one or more certificate chains for them.
We are working on this issue.

> At any rate, thank you for the high quality of your package and maybe
> in the future, if ever I need an implementation for a project I will
> recommend your package.
Thanks!

Peter
Dr. Peter Lipp