AW: [iaik-ssl]cu|| Broken Applet support (iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties)

Hello,

> 1. This construct hangs for me:
>
>    SSLClientContext context = new SSLClientContext();
>
>   The browser tries to fetch
/iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties.
>    This file is not in the iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar file. I'm clueless.

iSaSiLk allows to set the SecurityProvider to be used by means of an
property
file. If the property file is not present it is ignored, an indefinite
hanging
should never occur. However, putting the attached property file into your
jar file should solve your problem.

> 2. The combined iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is not available on the download
>    page.
Yes, it only was available with former versions; you may build it yourself
from the required IAIK-JCE and iSaSiLk classes.

> 3. iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is so darn big! The light version is not an
>    alternative because the server's public key has to be built into an
>    Applet using the light versions of the libraries.

You may use our JarStripper utility to determine and remove any classes
not required for your applet.
(http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/20_applications/tools/index.php).

However, please note that we shortly have released new Micro Editions
of IAIK-JCE and iSaSiLk that may be the right choice for applets because
of their small size (the server public key handling used by iSaSiLkLight
is no longer required):
http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/10_ME-jce/index.php
http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/products/11_ME-iSaSiLk/index.php

Regards,
Dieter

(iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties)

I am evaluating the IAIK Applet SSL support and I have a few questions:

1. This construct hangs for me:

    SSLClientContext context = new SSLClientContext();

    The browser tries to fetch
/iaik/security/ssl/SecurityProvider.properties.
    This file is not in the iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar file. I'm clueless.

2. The combined iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is not available on the download
    page.

3. iaik_jce_full_ssl_ae.jar is so darn big! The light version is not an
    alternative because the server's public key has to be built into an
    Applet using the light versions of the libraries.

Btw. My Applet is signed.

Thanks
/Jocke
--