[iaik-ssl]cu|| Security permissions changed by IAIK-SSL?

I have set a SSLRMISocketFactory using IAIK as the
RMISocketFactory, based on the rmi.demo classes, but when attempting to
read a configuration file I now get the following exception:

AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
path/file.conf read)

The file is local and is read by a standard class (not
UnicastRemoteObject).  AllPermissions are granted in rmi.policy and I
was able to read my config file both with RMI over JSSE-SSL and when
using unencrypted RMI.

Does anyone know if IAIK is responsible for changing the default
security permissions?