[iaik-ssl]cu|| Anyone tried writing an EAP-TLS server?

I'm coding up an EAP-TLS (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2716.txt) extension for
our RADIUS server.  I've downloaded a eval copy of iaik-ssl and I see
support for streams but no low level calls to parse TLS messages or know the
status of the TLS handshake.  The problem is gathering up the right
combination of bytes before formatting an EAP message to send to the client.
Since most vendors do not provide a low level TLS toolkit, I guess I need to
write my own parsing classes and determine the state of the handshake by
watching the bytes go by.  Anyone with experience with iaik-ssl using a
packet based transport or monitoring the status of the handshake?

Two drafts also need similiar TLS support:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eap-ttls-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01
.txt

Much thanks,