Von: iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-ssl-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Tom van den
Berge
Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. Dezember 2001 14:21
An: iSaSiLk mailing list
Betreff: [iaik-ssl] IllegalBlockSizeException when encrypting

Hi,
I'm using 3DES/CBC/PKCS5Padding cipher to encrypt 4 bytes of data. In
some rare occasion, Cipher.doFinal(byte[]) throws an
IllegalBlockSizeException . When encrypting the same bytes again, it
does not throw the exception.
Actually, this exception is only thrown once per 5000 encryption actions
(approximately).

As far as I understand, it should never throw an
IllegalBlockSizeException when padding is used. Can anybody give some
comments?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom van den Berge                                tom.vandenberge@bibit.com
Development                                          V +31 (0)30 65 95 143