[iaik-ssl] How can I verify the disgital signature of an X509 certificate?

Hello!
I have the following problem: I have created an X509 certificate with IAIK
JCE libraries and signed it using "Sha1WithRsaEncryption" algorithm. To
signed it I have used  a private key that I have generated (with a public
key) and saved to disk, like it was the private key of a Certificate
Authority (CA).

The problem is: when I parse the certificate  how can I verify the digital
signature I put in it?

I have the public key of the CA: how can I use it to check the digital
signature?

I have seen that X509Cerificate class has the method "verify()" to verify a
certificate but it doesn't check the digital signature of the certificate!
:-(

How can I do?

Thanks in advance!

                                Luca