Re: [iaik-ssl] How to obtain a certificate chain

Hello,
You have to do following steps for that.

1- First you must have the chain you want to verify, say
   X509Certificate [] certChain = new X509Certificate[SIZE];
   // Assign the certificate
   If your certificates are not in arrangement, i mean from lowest end user
cert to the top CA certificate then you can do this like
   X509Certificate [] arrangedCertChain =
iaik.utils.Util.arrangeCertificateChain(certChain, false);

2- Then You can write the code like this to verify the chain
SimpleChainVerifier objChainVerifier=new SimpleChainVerifier();
objChainVerifier.setTrustedCertificates(trustedCerts);

where trustedCerts is set of certificate with which you want to check the
certificate chain should link to complete the certificate path. Then you
have to call a function
objChainVerifier.verifyChain(arrangedCertChain );

IF there is any kind of error, this function will throw an exception,
otherwise your chain is verified.

Hope it helps
Regards
Nauman