[iaik-ssl] customizing trust store manager

I have defined a class extending java.security.Provider which sets the
following properties

put("KeyStore.FOO", "foo.KeyStore");
put("TrustManagerFactory.FOO", "foo.TrustManagerFactoryImpl");
Security.setProperty("sun.ssl.trustmanager.type", "FOO");

I have been able to plug in my own key store implementation, but have not
succeeded in plugging in my trust manager implementation.  Any ideas on why
this recipe [adopted from the JSSE API user guide] isn't tasting so sweet?

Thanks,
Bishr