[iaik-ssl] EOFException when reading from a HttpsURLConnection

I have a problem retrieving a webpage from one of our customers. I'm using the HttpsURLConnection to connect to the URL https://www.purpleskirt.com , which seems to work fine. However, when I read the inputstream of the connection (expecting some HTML), a EOFException is thrown:

Handshake completed.
ssl_debug(1): Exception reading SSL message: java.io.EOFException: Connection closed by remote host.
ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpException: IOException while sending a https request to https://www.purpleskirt.com:443/
java.io.EOFException: Connection closed by remote host.
   at iaik.security.ssl.Utils.a(Unknown Source)
   at iaik.security.ssl.p.a(Unknown Source)
   at iaik.security.ssl.p.g(Unknown Source)
   at iaik.security.ssl.l.b(Unknown Source)
   at iaik.security.ssl.l.a(Unknown Source)
   at iaik.security.ssl.l.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.InputStreamReader.fill(InputStreamReader.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java, Compiled Code)
   at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java, Compiled Code)
   at nl.bibit.util.http.HttpClient.getHttpsResponse(HttpClient.java:249)
   at nl.bibit.util.http.HttpClient.getResponse(HttpClient.java:103)
   at nl.bibit.util.http.HttpClient.getResponse(HttpClient.java:87)
   at nl.bibit.test.MyTest.main(MyTest.java:37)

I have tried the following:
- http instead of https (the remote server also allows http); works fine;
- Sun's JSSE1.0.2 SSL implementation instead of IAIK_SSL; works fine;
- Request the page with a browser (netscape/IE/opera); Opera cannot open the page (!), Netscape 6 can open the page, but remains loading something for a very long time, and Netscape 4.6 displays the page normally.

Many thanks in advance,
Tom van den Berge
--
Tom van den Berge                                tom.vandenberge@bibit.com
Development                                          V +31 (0)30 65 65 665