[iaik-ssl] Not Accepting Proxy Authentication???

Hi:

I am attempting to connect to a secure website through a MS Proxy Server.
Everytime this attempt is made, I recieve an IOException from the
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpException class indicating "Proxy Access
Denied". By using a sniffer, I can see that only one HTTP CONNECT command is
being sent by my s/w and the "Proxy-authentication" property is not part of
the command. If I use Netscape, I see two HTTP CONNECT commands being sent
and the last one has the "Proxy-authentication" property is being sent;
thereby, allowing me to access the website. Is there something that I am
doing wrong? I am using a eval copy of IAIK-JCE 2.61 and iSaSiLk 3.03 and my
JDK is 1.3 release 1.

Here is a snippet of my code:

proxyHost = "blade.delanotech.com";
proxyPort = 80;
System.setProperty("https.proxyHost", proxyHost);
System.setProperty("https.proxyPort", Integer.toString(proxyPort));
proxyUserID = "nlowe";
proxyPasswd = "nlowe";

HttpsURLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
connection.setSSLContext(sslClientContext);
String authString     = proxyUserID + ":" + proxyPasswd;
System.err.println("userid:password = " + authString);
String encodedAuthString = "Basic " + new
sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(authString.getBytes());
connection.setAllowUserInteraction(true);
connection.setRequestProperty("Proxy-authorization", encodedAuthString);
System.err.println("using proxy=" + connection.usingProxy());
BufferedInputStream bis = new
BufferedInputStream(connection.getInputStream());

Thanks,

Nigel