[iaik-ssl] Closing connection with HttpsURLConnection

Hi all,

How can I control the connection of HttpsURLConnection (i.e. close it
whenever I want) to a certain server?
If I use the HttpsURLConnection.disconnect(), it doesn't really close the
socket which lies underneath.
Also close()ing the OutputStream / InputStream won't do.
It seems that the class manages the connections by itself without my ability
to effect it.
Even in HttpsDemo, the connection really closes only when the application
terminates, and not even after the method which created this connection
ends.

Any idea?

TIA,
Ronen.