Solved!Re: [iaik-jce] [iaik-ssl] verifying signing certificates in S/MIME

solution: use the getCertificates() method in SignedContent!

sorry for the spam, don't know how i missed seeing that!!
thanks anyway
-bharath

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Bharath Vutukuru wrote:

>  The verify() method in iaik.security.smime.SignedContent returns the
> certificate of the signer. But in order to check if this certificate can
> be trusted, we need the complete chain ( from the rootCA to the signer's
> certificate including any intermediate certs.). Can someone tell me, How I
> could get access to this chain??
>
> thanks in advance
> -bharath

* IAIK S/MIME Mapper Security Info                                        *
* ===================================                                     *
* for message:                                                            *
*   From: Bharath Vutukuru <bvutukur@ise.gmu.edu>                         *
*   Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:20:28 -0400 (EDT)                            *
*   Subject: Solved!Re: [iaik-jce] [iaik-ssl] verifying signing certificates in S/MIME*
* Message S/MIME properties:                                              *
*   Encrypted using:    not encrypted                                     *
*   Digitally signed:   no                                                *
*   Signature valid:    n/a                                               *
*   Signature trusted   n/a                                               *
* Compliance with policy for email addresses *:                           *
*   Encryption:         OK (None or better required)                      *
*   Digital Signature:  OK (digital signature not required)               *