[iaik-ssl] Delays invoking remote methods

Hello,
We are using RMI under SSL and sometimes (not always) we are
experiencing delays (between 10 and 60 seconds) when we invoke remote
methods. These delays never happen when we don't use SSL.
We have this problem on any kind of machine and platform. We thought it
was produced by timeouts in the connection, but now we are invoking a
method every 5 seconds an we still have the problem.

Does anybody have a clue as to what's happening? Your help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jeronimo Ginzburg