RE: [iaik-ssl] Hw to do client authentication only?

Whlie it is true that the SSL protocol itself cannot force the client to
authenticate itself, you can augment the handshaking phase to effectively
force the client to authenticate itself.

Take a look at the iaik.security.ssl.ServerTrustDecider.  This is called
whenever a new session is established on your server.  If the client has not
presented a certificate chain or the chain is not trusted, return false.
The end result: the client is forced to authenticate itself.

Ed

Eduardo Saltelli
Server Platform Group
webMethods, Inc.