Re: [iaik-ssl] NullPointerException in SSL server V3.0Beta2

Stephan Rein wrote:

> Hi,
> This is for V3.0Beta2!
> On SSL server: If I enable all CipherSuites and set one RSA certificate
> in the ServerContext,
> the server chooses a DSS CipherSuite and throws a NullPointerException.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan Rein
>
> ssl_debug(1): Sending server_hello handshake message.
> ssl_debug(1): Selecting CipherSuite: SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
> ssl_debug(1): Selecting CompressionMethod: NULL
> ssl_debug(1): Exception while handshaking: java.lang.NullPointerException
> ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL...

I'd like to chime in here too. iSaSiLk 2.51 also prints this one-line message " Exception while handshaking:
java.lang.NullPointerException" but I haven't been able to find a way to get a stacktrace for the
NullPointerException, so I have no idea where this error comes from. (I'm trying to change key exchange from
dh_fixed to dh_ephemeral) I suppose it's in the TrustDecider or because I forget to set a value in the
SSLContext somewhere, but there's no way to find out..

Regards,

Erwin