From: Andreas Sterbenz <Andreas.Sterbenz@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
To: Colin Chalmers <collie@dds.nl>; <iaik-ssl@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 1999 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [iaik-ssl] ssl and servlets

I am sorry, but I cannot help you with that. Our servlets do not use use
the Web server's SSL at all and initiate all SSL connections themselves
using the IAIK API calls.

JavaSoft has defined the way you quote to access the SSL client
certificate chain from a servlet, but I don't think this is widely
implemented. If it does not work on your server, your servlet engine most
likely does not set these parameters. You should contact the developers
of your servlet runner to find out if and how SSL session information can
be accessed.