[iaik-ssl] iSaSiLkLight & client side firewalls

I would like to develop a Java applet which can establish an SSL connection
with a server from behind a client side firewall.
The evaluation version of iSaSiLkLight which I have downloaded lists this
as a known issue and suggests that I contact IAIK to express my need.

Has this functionality been implemented since the evaluation version of
iSaSiLkLight was released? If so, how do I obtain a copy?
If not, is there a way that I can do this myself?
I am familiar with both HTTP and TCP tunnelling mechanisms, but I am not
familiar with SSL at all.

Thanks,
Andrew Roughan
FICS Australia