[iaik-ssl] Interface with Smart Card

I'm new to this, so I would like to ask some questions?
Does anyone know whether I can interface IAIK SSL client with smart card?
This means that the keys and certificates are stored in the smart card.
The smart card provides some api to get the certificates and to do signing.
But only the public key can be retreived from the smart card and not the
private key. Does it pose a problem??

I know that i have to implement the ClientTrustDecider interface, but how do
I implement the getPrivateKey()??? The private key is not allowed to leave
the smart card.

Thanks.

Cheers
Eric