[iaik-ssl] Question regarding RMI over SSL

Hi there,

I just joined the list. I haven't found the answer in the archives,
but forgive me if this has been asked before...

I want to do RMI over SSL. Let's assume I have a RMI server like this:

public class MyRMIServerImpl
   extends SSLUnicastRemoteObject
   implements MyRMIServer {

   public void foo() throws RemoteException {
   }

}

where SSLUnicastRemoteObject takes care of exporting this server with
SocketFactories that use SSLSockets instead of Sockets. Since I want to do
mutual authentication, the SocketFactories also put
Client/ServerTrustDeciders in the SSL context objects. However, my SSL layer
always permits connections; it is up to the application whether it wants to
allow certain calls. So here's the question: How can I, within foo(), find
out who the (authenticated) party is that is calling me (i.e. obtain their
certificates)?

I understand that on the socket level, there is something like
SSLSocket.getSession().getPeerCertificate(). But how do I do I get my
hands on that certificate from within my RMIServerImpl?

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Dirk.