Re: [iaik-ssl] SSL on already open Socket?

     Hi Andy,

     I haven't done the SOCKS client side thing (and wouldn't realy like to
     :) , but I have implemented a HTTP proxy tunnel by doing the
     following, and I guess it should work for SOCKS.

     You can turn off the automatic SSL handshake on the SSLSocket

     SSLSocket s = new SSLSocket(host, port) //of the proxy

     s.setAutoHandshake(false);

     //get the streams and to the SOCKS V5 stuff
     // the socket will behave as in java.net

     s.startHandshake();

     //get the steams now and they will be secure

     Hope this helps

     Sean