[iaik-jce] ECDSA

Hi,

I'm trying to do some simple, secure ECC keyexchange... therefore I
created ECDSA keypairs for sender and receiver. The sender then creates
a message containing a sessionkey and signs that message. That's what
works (although I don't know why I can sign the X509Certificates I
created using the ecdsaWithSHA1-algorithm, but can not sign my message
using this algorithm. Instead I have to use ECDSA to create a
signature-object and sign my message).
What I can't do, is encrypt my message with the receiver's public key.
When I try to create a cipher by calling
	Cipher c=Cipher.getInstance("ECDSA","IAIK_ECC");
I get:
	java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: No such algorithm: ECDSA
	at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.c(DashoA6275)
	at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.a(DashoA6275)
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA6275)

(the same thing happens if I try the IAIK provider instead, but that's
ok...)
Am I doing anything wrong? And if so, what? Or is it just not possible
to create a cipher object for the ECDSA algorithm (which would not make
much sense to me, as signature creation works, and this should be
nothing else but encrypting a hash of the message with the a private
key.)?
Hope anyone can help me with that... thanks a lot,

 Michael