From: amit raghuvanshi [mailto:amit_raghuvanshi@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 8:25 PM
To: V.RaviSankar
Subject: Re: [iaik-jce] SMIme

Hey Ravi,
Here are some of the things you can do:
1)Look for the activation.jar file in your jre/lib/ext or jdk1.2/lib
directory.If you have that file there,remove it put your activation jar
file
in any other directory & put it in the classpath.Copy the mailcap file
in
your jdk1.2\jre\lib directory & it should work fine.You can also check
which
file the program is using by trying deleting it when the program is
running.Look for all activation.jar  files by searching for it.

2.If this doesn't work,unjar the activation.jar file.You will see the
mailcap.default file under MetaInf\ directory.Open that add the entries
from
your mailcap file at the end.Jar it & put it back in the classpath.It
should
work.

Amit

PS: Also look for the java home path.You can retrieve it from the System

class by invoking System.getProperty("java.home");