[iaik-jce] RMI over SSL: authentication by the server?

Hello,

I've set up RMI over SSL, with client and server authentication.
Due to the SocketFactory trick, the SSL is completely transparent
to the my RMI client and server.

But this gives the following problem: how can my RMI server know
with which client he is talking? He knows the client is authenticated
because the SSL handshake is completed successfully, but does
he have a way to obtain the client cert from the SSL layer?

Thanks,
Stef