Von: iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Diego
Pietralunga
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Januar 2001 17:49
An: Iaik-Jce (E-mail)
Betreff: [iaik-jce] How to put/get file type information in PKCS7?

Hello,
I have the following problem:
I want to sign a file and obtain a PKCS7 signedData Object but, as far as I
know ,there is no content type information in the PKCS7 standard (Or
better,there is, but related to the cryptographic operation involved,
e.g:signedData).
How do I,for example, store the information that the file is not ASCII, but,
say, a pdf file?
This is useful to recognize the application whose purpose is to handle THAT
file (e.g: Acrobat Reader).

In other words:
is there, with respect to COMPATIBILITY, a way to store/get the MIME type of
the content?

P.S=When I say COMPATIBILITY, I mean that any other could verify/exctract
the content AND be able to handle it!

ANY help appreciated,

Best Regards,
         Diego Pietralunga
         Laboratorio di Telematica per il Territorio - Parma
         E-Mail: Diego@ltt.it