[iaik-jce] Servlet enviornment mystery/copyStream

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any clues to the cause of this very
mysterious problem I'm having...

I've developed a Java applet which talks to a servlet.  The applet sends
across a byte array of signed data, using HTTP post method.  The servlet
reads the data into an array of bytes, and tries to verify the data but
throws an IOException ("Error parsing Object!") in
StreamCopier.copyStream() method of the IAIK.

I have a simple seperate application program which verifies the same byte
array data/input stream just fine.  The exact same call to my verify
method in the servlet gives the abovementioned error!  The servlet is
definately reading the byte array/input stream because
on a test to find its ContentType, that works just fine.

A couple of my workmates working on the same problem are very miffed by
this weird problem also.

Please offer me any suggestions you may have.  If anyone's had any
weird problems specific to a servlet enviornment, I'd be keen to hear
from you, too, please.

Thanks alot,
--Mic.

* IAIK S/MIME Mapper Security Info                                        *
* ===================================                                     *
* for message:                                                            *
*   From: Michelangelo Giansiracusa <spooked@cyberspace.org>              *
*   Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:46:19 -0400 (EDT)                           *
*   Subject: [iaik-jce] Servlet enviornment mystery/copyStream            *
* Message S/MIME properties:                                              *
*   Encrypted using:    not encrypted                                     *
*   Digitally signed:   no                                                *
*   Signature valid:    n/a                                               *
*   Signature trusted   n/a                                               *
* Compliance with policy for email addresses *:                           *
*   Encryption:         OK (None or better required)                      *
*   Digital Signature:  OK (digital signature not required)               *