From: "Paul Mailman" <pmailman@foliage.com>
To: <iaik-jce@iaik.at>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 12:23 AM
Subject: [iaik-jce] Convert JCE keystore to IAIK

> We are converting an applet that had run under the Java Plugin version
> 1.2 and Sun JCE to instead use the IAIK JCE Applet Edition and run in
> the browsers' native JVM.  There is a small group of existing users who
> have keystores of type JCEKS and we need to figure out how to support
> them and/or give them a simple, convenient conversion process.
>
> It appears the IAIK only supports an IAIK Keystore, not JCEKS.  Is this
> true?  If so, it appears that the only way that we will be able allow
> these users to use the new IAIK-based version of this applet is to
> create an IAIK keystore for them.
>
> Is there a utility available that can convert a JCEKS to an IAIK
> keystore?  Would we have to write our own application, or applet to run
> under the Plugin, to copy the contents of the old JCEKS to a new IAIK
> keystore?  Is it even possible?  Or is our only recourse to create a
> brand new IAIK keystore, and existing users will have to generate new
> keys, obtain new certificates for them, etc.?

* IAIK S/MIME Mapper Security Info                                        *
* ===================================                                     *
* for message:                                                            *
*   From: "Andreas Sterbenz" <Andreas.Sterbenz@iaik.at>                   *
*   Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:18:24 +0100                                 *
*   Subject: Re: [iaik-jce] Convert JCE keystore to IAIK                  *
* Message S/MIME properties:                                              *
*   Encrypted using:    not encrypted                                     *
*   Digitally signed:   yes                                               *
*   Signature valid:    yes                                               *
*   Signature trusted:  yes                                               *
* Compliance with policy for email addresses *@iaik.at:                   *
*   Encryption:         OK (None or better required)                      *
*   Digital Signature:  OK (digital signature required)                   *