Re: Fwd: AW: Re: Fwd: AW: [iaik-jce] problem withKeyAndCertificateclass

Hi,

in my oppinion it is not the right way to register a key factory for RSA
based signature algorithms, but using a key factory for RSA in this case
and then using the key for initializing the signature algorithm.

Regards

Steffen

>>>From: "SUPPORT-JCE" <jce@iaik.at>
>>>To: "Steffen Haase" <hoppel@celocom.de>, <iaik-jce@iaik.at>
>>>Subject: AW: Re: Fwd: AW: [iaik-jce] problem with KeyAndCertificateclass
>>>Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:28:23 +0100
>>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>sorry, you are right; Key factories for signature algorithms MD5/RSA,
>>>SHA/RSA,... are not supported currently, only "RSA" (JCA spec standard
name)
>>>key factory. Although RFC2459 expects the rsaEncryption OID in the
>>>subjectPublicKeyInfo for RSA keys  we also might register key factories
for
>>>RSA based signature algorithms if actually used in practice.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Dieter Bratko

geKeyFactoryInstance()